Heyyyy it's a pineapple jumpsuit!! This is one of the most fun and impractical things I have ever made. I love it and also think it is ridiculous. I can never find RTW jumpsuits that fit, so making my own is the only option. I'm still getting used to the silhouette BUT when I saw this fabric I knew it needed to become something fun and impractical, sooooo... here we are!



Pattern: Sallie Jumpsuit by Closet Case Patterns, View C

Fabric: Micro Pique Knit (71% Modal Rayon, 29% Polyester) in Pineapple Print on Sage from Joann's

Sizing: Cut Size 10 bodice, graded to 12 at waist, plus 1.5" length, graded to size 14 at hips, plus more length







[EDIT] After posting, I found more pics - these photos didn't make it on the gram for who knows what reason - but I like them even better, so there's a lesson for future photoshoots ;) I'll just leave these here:

 

 


Thoughts: So comfortable, and I feel instantly cool when I wear it, but unfortunately this knit shows off every lump and bump where it's tighter around the lower body, so I don't feel super confident in it. I would definitely go up a size in the hips next time - I think the bodice fit is bang on, even though it's doing a weird thing in these pics. I blame that on the fabric. Thanks for reading!

❤ Sally