Merry Holidays!! Cut out this black and gold beauty to sew a dress for the holidays. Didn't have time to sew a single stitch until all the holidays were over. Ah well, c'est la vie!

Fabric: Black stretch velvet with gold dots / Joann Fabrics

Pattern: Colette Wren dress, View B

Notes: Added long sleeves, using the Named Tuuli pattern (a knit dress with long sleeves that I've made before) sleeve piece, which I simply laid on top of the existing Wren short sleeve piece to cut out. Unlike the last Wren dress I made in the summer, this fabric is only 2-way stretch. This made the bodice incredibly short waisted - more like empire waist. I don't like that style on me, so after a few days of frustrated moping, I decided to try and add a waistband piece, which I stole from the D&D Magnolia dress (also recently made). It worked mostly - enough that I will wear the dress, though the side seams ended up wonky, most likely from the bodice pulling weird b/c it's too short/tight. Thankfully black fabric hides a multitude of wonk :) Here's to wearing this dress for all of next year's holiday parties, concerts, shebangs, and shindigs.