Sewn! Made these blue summer shorts during Me Made May 2018.




I don't remember what Josh was saying behind the camera, but I almost peed myself in my new shorts... he's fired ;)

Fabric: Stashbusting w/ a blue medium-weight mystery woven! It is very soft and wrinkles easily, so they don't always look great, but they feel great!


Love a deep hem on shorts and pants!

In-seam pocket!
Pattern: Simplicity 8389 - very similar to the True Bias Emerson shorts. I decided to make these first after comparing the pattern pieces. I omitted the waist ties. I think the flat front looks great w/ tucked in shirts, but you still have the comfort of the elastic side/back

I cut a straight size 16, matching my waist size (30"), after checking the finished measurements for the hip size (49") which seemed like enough room. They fit well everywhere except they're a little tight on the buns. I think I will try a full seat adjustment to add a bit of room, and perhaps grade up one size at the side seams.



Ugh those buns... not complaining about having them! But they do cause fitting issues lol


I like this style of shorts for my shape - with the gathers, it's easy to adjust between waist and hip sizes! I also like the higher rise for wearing with cropped tops. I'd like to make these in a heavier weight fabric... add it to the list :)

❤ Sally