Pattern: True Bias Ogden Cami hack with added peplum

Fabric: Art Gallery Rayon Challis in Floret Sunkissed Blush (1 yard!) 





Notes: This ogden cami is my second, the peplum hack inspired by the Annis Cami Peplum at Anthropologie - I loved the angled lines of the peplum reflecting the neckline. Magically this fit onto one yard of fabric. Okay, not magic, but several minutes of rearranging pieces until they all fit, and were going the same direction! Only the inside front lining is upside down, but no one needs to know ;) 





To make the peplum, I first measured where I wanted it to start in the center front, then cut the pattern piece at an angle towards the side seam - repeat for the back, ensuring that the side seams are still the same length. THEN, measure how long the peplum piece will be at center front to hem / side seam to hem. Add as much width as possible for gathers - I didn't even draw a pattern piece, just measured the fabric and cut! Then, gather peplum top and stitch to cami top, pivoting at center front. Repeat for back :) 

The back angle doesn't seem as prominent - I think when I was measuring, I forgot that the back V is lower than the front V neckline. Ah well - next time! Because there definitely will be a next time for this hack, maybe in a solid color!