A few weeks ago I saw Rocketman, the bio-pic of Elton John. This was after watching an episode of Project Runway inspired by the costumes used in the movie. I was really inspired, and immediately after watching, purchased fabric to copycat his star shirt / overall outfit worn at the Troubador. This is the shirt :) 



Fabric: Black and white double-knit poly fabric, found on Etsy

Pattern: Lark Tee (Grainline Studio) with boatneck and 3/4 sleeves



Notes: 
- Added short sleeve cuff - this is my favorite finish for knit sleeves, and added a bit more length since I squeezed this top out of just one yard :) 
- This neckline does not like to lay nicely if I move around at all - don't know if it's the fabric or just the design :(
- I also made a scrunchie to go with it! 


And attempted another initials knit tag - love this embroidery feature!  EMBROIDER ALL THE TAGS!! I've discovered that I really like the look a tag in my sewn clothes - it seems to make it "official". However, I don't like using nice tags from my stash for these super fast knit garments - it's like they didn't quite earn a "real" tag but need something - lol. I'm curious to see how it will hold up in the wash :) 


Oh! And I cut and sewed this on Star Wars Day!!! May the 4th be with you.

❤ Sally