MVP of spring / summer 2023! My go-to top for everything - so comfortable and still a little dressy. Cute print but neutral enough to go with anything. Fun for the weekend farmer's market but professional enough for teaching. I love it!

Pattern: Deer and Doe Ondée tee (link)

Size 38 bust, graded to size 42 waist (Me: 34" b / 28" w / 43" h, 5'11")

2" low bust adjustment, plus 1" at lengthen/shorten line (I would add 1" more next time)

Finally! A fitting breakthrough!! It may not seem like much here, but I spent hours last summer trying to figure out what fitting adjustment I needed for tops. I always had excess fabric above the bust and I thought it had to do with my narrow shoulders. Turns out, what I needed was a "low bust adjustment" - essentially moving the entire bust part of the pattern down because I'm tall. YAY! Thanks to another tall seamstress, Tori (The Sewing Things Blog), for her excellent blog post about it!

Fabric: Light Teal Mini Daisy Knit from Joann's (link if still available)

Love the feel of this fabric - it is a great knit to work with! I haven't had great luck with Joann knit fabrics holding up in the past, but it's been awhile so I hope this one will. The only downside is that it is polyester, so it is a bit hot. I've been trying to stick to just buying natural fabrics (cotton, linen, etc) but they are harder and harder to find :( I did get a cute sunflower print cotton knit and I'm hoping to make another one of these cute tees!

And some proof of it's adventures this summer! 

💜 Sally

Sewn April 2023