Silver lining of social distancing/quarantining at home - all the time to SEW :) I have been up and down with motivation to actually make anything, after sewing a ton of face masks the first couple weeks. Then the woes of missing the right thread color or matching buttons took over, plus the realization that I had nowhere to wear any of my fancy new clothes, so I decided to dive into something a little more chill that I can actually wear! :) 



Fabric: Stash-busting this mauve/chocolate/purple comfy sweatshirt fleece - very soft with stretch and nice drape

Pattern: Papercut Pattern's Undercover Hood, Size 4

Originally it was going to be a test pair of sweatpants and a peplum sweatshirt, hacked from a design I saw a girl wearing while walking in the woods.... anyways, this fabric is way too drapey for that and it failed miserably, but at that point I knew I had to wear it on my body as some sort of cuddly sweatshirt, so I scrapped the sweatpants and instead cut out this newly purchased PDF of the papercut hoodie. 

Notes: This is a straight size 4 - longer version, no extra length added. 
- I really like the fit and I've been wearing it non-stop. 
- I top stitched the seam allowance down for a more "pro" feeling finish. 
- Love the lined hood! 
- Made the drawstrings out of self-fabric: sewn in a tube, turned right side out, and tied in a knot at both ends - worked perfectly!
- This is stitched with three different color threads, as I kept running out of colors as I went along :)

Now I just have to add this awesome tag that just came in the mail from Sally at Modista Sewing!


I will definitely make this again - I love wearing hoodies - and I want to see if I can modify it a bit to fit my quarantine companion and fellow lover of hoodies, da hubs :) 


P.S. The following photos are mostly his fault...




 P.P.S. Except this one... my own great idea - turns out these jeans don't stretch that much ;)
❤ Sally