This top was cut out in our old condo, moved with me, and finished in our new house! I'm a total Deer & Doe Patterns fan girl, and this is yet another beautifully drafted pattern. The curved hem is super flattering, but it also looks cute tucked in. Love the collar buttoned or un-buttoned. The design is a perfect blend of casual and dressy that goes with anything - ideal teacher clothes! While I didn't make it with a specific event in mind, I did end up wearing it for my Improv Level 1 graduation show!



Pattern: Deer and Doe Mélilot Shirt, View B: cuffed short sleeves, mandarin collar

Fabric: Art Gallery Fabrics Rayon in black and white "GRID" print in Negative

Notes: Vintage square turquoise buttons! I was most excited about finally finding a use for these cool square buttons - love the pop of color they give to the black / white print. However, I was so focused on lining them up w/ the grid print that I missed putting one at the fullest bust point where it always pulls / gapes - oh well - I can always safety pin it :) 




I think it looks equally cute tucked in and worn loose, with jeans or a skirt, layered or on it's own, etc! Here's where I would normally say something about how I will definitely be making more of them in the future, but that seems to be the blog curse to ensure I never make it again (lolol), so instead...  a pic of the shirt (and me) from the big night! :)


❤ Sally