Hello again lovely readers! It's been a bit quiet on the blog lately due to... well, life in general :) Most recently, though, a visit from the most excellent mom in the world meant lots of talking and shopping and eating and hanging out, but no sewing.  However, we did spend some time sorting through some old boxes of her sewing stash and I got to keep quite a pile of loot - pictures to come!  We also spent some time shopping for new furniture for my sewing room! Hello new, pretty, workable sewing space :) Blog post to come on that as well.

In other news, a friend of mine is having a baby girl and requested a personalized butt ruffle onesie for her baby shower... here is what I came up with:



All I did was purchase an adorable onesie (for $2) and then find matching ribbon and sew it in rows on the back. I purchased the ruffle-y pink ribbon and added the stripe of green ribbon from my stash.


I wish I could say I embroidered the fruit, but I haven't braved that skill quite yet ;) Soon, though! I happened to win an amazing embroidery giveaway from Juli at Sweet Little Chickadee and I can't wait to get started on my first embroidery project!