This is my first ever "Cosplay" - One Piece Luffy Girl! I was excited to use this custom-printed fabric that has the One Piece logo printed on a blue background, and decided on a dress with a fun skirt. I also wanted to add Luffy's straw hat and vest to the ensemble.

Progress Pics:




Then... an unfortunate event: I had just finished putting the zipper into the dress and tried it on to check the fit. I bent down to pick up something and the fabric completely ripped down the back center neckline and under the arm above the zipper split. I was so upset! After letting off some steam I brainstormed what to do and decided to keep the skirt, finishing the striped waistband, and borrow the hubs One Piece Crew t-shirt to wear under the vest.

Finished Ensemble:





We had so much fun at our first ACEN (Anime Central Convention)!!!