HaPpY HaLLoWeeN!! Here's a spooooky new sew, complete with matchy ghosty earrings πŸ‘» πŸ‘»


Pattern: Pattern Scout Fern Top - Size 8

Fitting: Added 1" and 3/4" length to bodice, at bust and above armhole respectively

Other changes: slightly lower neckline, shorter peplum

* Working towards sewing better fitting garments, taking notes from one and applying it to the next - it mentally exhausting and not a lot of fun, but I hate when I make something and it doesn't fit as well as it could! Trying to accommodate for my height (5'11") to help it look proportional. For this top, I probably only needed to add 1 1/4".  I have narrow shoulders and think the size 8 may be a bit big. I am curious to try a smaller size with the included FBA (full bust adjustment). It also sits / slides towards the back, so I will try a forward shoulder adjustment. Probably need some sort of swayback something too? So many things, it's scary! :o


Fabric: Gorgeous embroidered cotton gauze in "Marmalade" which is an orange-y rust color, with pink and white stripes. I got it from Oak Fabrics in Chicago - there are three other color-ways of this fabric!

I definitely wanted to play with stripe placement on this pattern, so cut on grain and crossgrain accordingly. I did not interface the facings b/c I did not want to lose any of the texture. However, I probably should have b/c now they are a bit floppy. I might go back in and add some... hahahaha or not.

The amazing tag is another gem from Inside Voices Labels, and exactly how I felt when I finished this top. Not ecstatic, not disappointed, just tired - lol. I know I will wear it a ton b/c it's comfortable but still dressy. I think the fabric is smashing - the perfect colors for autumn! 


♥ Sally