A new skirt! The "Sewing School Skirt" from Brett Bara's book Sewing In a Straight Line. I made it using twill in "blackberry" from Joann's with silver/pewter buttons. This is the second attempt - the first ended up in the "I'm too frustrated to keep working on this now..." pile, after a failed attempt at adding pockets (caused problems b/c of the french seams). Anyways, I love this finished skirt, which was originally supposed to be for my sister, but I made it a little too small (it really was an accident... lol). Be warned if you use this skirt pattern, the measurements in the book are wrong by a lot - as in about 8-10" around the waist area. I will be remaking it in red for my sis, but for now here is the purple version :) Just in time for school tomorrow!
Top pics: Front and Side views in the dusty bathroom mirror (sorry!)
Bottom pics: Front view on dress form, closeup of button
UPDATE: A few pics of the red version I made for my sister :)