The other day I laid out all my fabrics in groups and realized how many amazing outfits I could potentially have if I would start sewing it all up! I always get so excited about the project when I'm designing it in my head. Then "fear of somehow ruining said project" + "laziness" = fabric stash
Therefore here is my Stashbustin' pledge: I, Sally (thequirkypeach), commit to using at least twelve pieces of stash fabric in 2013. For every completed stash piece OVER twelve, I will buy myself something delicious at Starbucks! (now that's motivation right there!)
To top it all off, these awesome ladies have themed each month. Here are the themes for the first six:
1. January: Itty Bits! Sew up those remnants left over from another project, use up some of those tiny scraps that you've been saving...as long as it's less than a yard of fabric, it counts!
2. February: THE LOVE CHALLENGE.
3. March: Impending Seasonal Change. Regardless of your hemispherical location, the weather will be changing soon...what will you make? Something fun for the coming spring, or something cozy for fall?
4. April: THE VIBRANT COLOR CHALLENGE.
5. May: THE KNIT CHALLENGE.
6. June: Containment! Get ready for those long car trips, summer outings or some good old fashioned cleaning and organizing! We're thinking bags, boxes, totes, purses, pouches, you name it; this month is all about making things to put other things in.
I am already so excited about January (thinking of making my first pair of undies!), and the April challenge, for which I have the perfect fabric and pattern already picked out! Let the stashbusting commence!