Happy Wednesday!  What a week this has been! Some quick updates:

I actually wore my Valentine's Day Dress on Valentine's Day this year! After a very heart-warming day at school (who wouldn't be happy after receiving SO MUCH CHOCOLATE and cards from all the cute little students, and surprise! flowers from the hubs), we headed out to our favorite Italian place :)





















Over the weekend, we headed up to the Grandparent's lake house in Wisconsin for a mini-vacation, where we enjoyed the beautiful snowy weather and sunshine. Sledding, anyone?


No computers allowed on this vacation, so I spent some time relaxing with some good sewing books (like my new Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing) and looking over my new vintage sewing patterns!

After we returned from said vacation, I was feeling quite rejuvenated and ready to take on a new sewing project that had been patiently awaiting my return:

The Cation Dolman Top - Put a Bow On It! Version

What a great, easy pattern! It is my first pdf pattern make and I am very happy with it! (free pdf pattern here) From printing the pattern to taking these pictures, it only took two hours, tops. Here are some details:

Fabric: a lightweight purple striped knit - purchased at Joann Fabrics from red tag section

Size Used: small

Alterations: narrowed the neckline, lengthened the torso, graded to a large near hips, lengthened sleeves, used a narrow hem for neckline and sleeves instead of band / binding, and put a bow on it!


Only after cutting out and sewing together the main part of the top did I realize IT DIDN'T STRETCH horizontally. Somehow it still fit okay (I'm thankful I made those alterations before cutting out), but I made sure to cut out the band around the waist the right direction - good thing too, b/c it needed to stretch down there! LOL


And here is a closeup of the neckline (not gonna lie, pretty impressed with that finish) and BOW!


Isn't the stripe pattern so pretty?  I am wearing the top over a tank top of almost the identical color (in case you didn't know, purple is one of my wardrobe staples, along with gray and ivory :)  I can't wait to wear it to school! Seems like the perfect teacher top.

ALSO, I have been nominated by the amazing Ashley at Craft Sactuary for a Liebster Award! EEEEeeee! My first blog award - YAY! Look for that post coming soon, and hopefully a new skirt too! Happy sewing :)