The awesome Ashley over at Craft Sanctuary has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am so excited, as this is my first ever blog award. I feel very proud :)  I would like to thank the academy... okay, just kidding... but here is what is up with the Liebster Award:

what?? animated picture?  yes please!

The Liebster Blog Award Rules:

- Nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other blogs and ask them 11 new questions

So, without further ado...

Here are 11 random facts about myself

1. I am 25 years old 

2. I love cheese

3. I watch dorky kids anime shows with my equally dorky husband

4. Apparently I say a lot of random stuff, and my hubs started a tumblr blog of all of them, unbeknownst to me... it's called Sally Out of Context and I only discovered it's existence thanks to a family member who accidentally mentioned it to me... yes, that's right - all my family and friends and the world wide web knew about it before I did

5. I teach elementary music and I absolutely LOVE IT!

6. Growing up, I had an epic bout with retainers (like the things you get after braces).  I owned and lost / broke / grew out of EIGHT retainers in my life. EIGHT!

7. I have a sister who is 13 years younger than me (oops... said mom and dad - surprise!)

8. I love the Ohio State Buckeyes - even my car is scarlet and gray and named Buckeye

9. I am 6 feet tall 

10. I have a irrational fear of stepping into a shower whilst clothed... not sure what traumatic event in my childhood caused this... but think about it - wet socks (shiver)

11. I think it's awesome that my job requires me to eat lunch at 11:00am every day so I can call it "elevensies"

Up Next: Ashley's Questions Answered!

1. Do you have a favorite pattern? (Sewing, knitting, crochet, whatever.)
My favorite pattern currently would have to be Simplicity 2444, mostly because I LOVE the polka dot dress I made with it.  I also am really loving the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern, but of course, who isn't.

2. What was the last thing you made? 
A Cation Designs Dolman top with a bow on the front in purple knit

3. What is your favorite print? (dots, stripes, floral) Or, do you like solids better? If you like solids, what's your favorite color?
For apparel (which is what I mostly sew) I have tended to lean more towards solids recently and focus on the design of the garment, however I definitely love a good print.  I can be very picky - what color polka dot, what size stripe, but I definitely know what I like and am getting better at only buying fabric I'll actually use

4. What is a typical day like for you?
Alarm, hit snooze 1000 times, wake up and scramble to get out the door for school, arrive at school, teach awesome kids how to make music for the entire school day, after school is usually drama club or choir or something, drive home (starbucks may be necessary), chill out at the house and sew, or if the hubs is home, watch some anime or BBC shows :)

5. Where is your favorite place?
My home... lol, but really - we moved into our first home in June and I couldn't be happier here

6. What do you do when you're feeling down?
Take a nap

7. What is your crafting space like?
I share the spare bedroom space with my hubs - my half is mostly black and white furniture and decor and hosts my large desk with sewing machine, bookshelf, and ironing board. For pictures and such, check out this blog post

8. Which blogs do you look to for inspiration?
Oh gosh - there are too many... I will say the first blog that I really fell in love with was Andrea's over at four square walls. I loved her sense of humor and really cute makes - since then I have found a ton more that I really enjoy, including Cation Designs, Lucky Lucille, Crafting a Rainbow and Sewaholic

9. Would you rather live by the sea or the mountains?
Haha - I think the sea, but far enough away to avoid natural disasters - LOL - maybe I really just need a little  lake.

10. What's your favorite meal?
Ooooh my favorite meal I make is Cavatini - it's Grandma's recipe for meaty cheesy delicious baked pasta, but on lazy nights (which occur more often) I would have to say the Teriyaki Chicken from the local Chinese place with an egg roll...mmmm

11. What makes you happier than anything else?
My family :)

And here are MY nominees for the Liebster Blog Award:

1. AriB at Ariation
2. Mari at Disparate Disciplines
3. Alison at Cats and Crafts
4. Cynthia at Dapper Duds
5. Stephanie at Love Teach Sew
6. EmSewCrazy at Tumbleweeds In the Wind
7. Shannon at Shanni Loves
8. Sue at Sewin' Steady
9. Jacinta at Sew MM

My Eleven Questions for YOU are:

1. What is your favorite thing you have ever sewn?
2. Do you tend to sew more for yourself or others?
3. What is one thing you love about where you live?
4. Do you listen to music while you sew? If so, what kind?
5. What is your dream project to sew?
6. When did you start sewing?
7. What is your favorite kind of fabric to sew with?
8. What do you do if you get in a sewing funk?
9. If you could be any fictional character (movie, book, etc) who would it be?
10. What is always at the top of your grocery list?
11. Who is your biggest fan?

Be sure to check out all of these wonderful blogs, and of course the bestower of my Liebster Award - Ashley at Craft Sanctuary!

Happy sewing!