Happy Spring Everyone! :) This is my latest sewing project, a Sewaholic Hollyburn skirt. The fabric is black floral cotton sateen, leftover from my Rigel Bomber jacket. I was so happy I had just enough to fit all the pattern pieces on, although some of them may not be quite perfectly on grain ;) 


The dress is a really straightforward sew - pockets, skirt seams, waistband, invisible zip, hem, done! This is View C, the shortest version, which I find to be a good length and I'm 6'0!! The only alteration I made was to nip in the waistband at the side seams. The straight waistband didn't sit quite right on my curvy waist. My favorite part is the bias bound hem - HAPPY YELLOW!


The skirt is so colorful, it goes with almost everything! I really like it with my new Maker tee by Megan Nielsen (worn here with my floral Rigel). My favorite pairing, however, is with a black and white striped top. I cannot get enough of stripes and floral! This boatneck knit top is from Target.




And a couple more detail shots - the fabric is just so pretty! 


This is actually my second version of the Hollyburn. The first one I made back in August of last year, in a solid "Tardis Blue" color to wear the premier of the new Doctor Who series with Peter Capaldi. 


I took some photos of the blue one back in February but never got around to blogging it. Funny enough, I am wearing the exact same top in a different color! What can I say - Hollyburn and boatneck stripes are a perfect pair :)



So what is your favorite skirt pattern? Do you have any go-to combos in your wardrobe? Are you a straight or curvy waistband sort of girl? Any photographed but unblogged projects in your queue?

Thanks again for reading! ❤ Sally