Pattern: McCall's 7969, View D sleeves with above knee skirt

I sewed a straight size medium (12-14). My current measurements are B 34 / W 29 / H 43. I am 5'11" #sewingtall and added one inch length to the bodice. I did not have enough fabric for the amazing sleeves - they take up a lot of fabric, especially if it is narrower width.  It was either a dress w/ basic sleeves or a top with the voluminous sleeves. Went with the dress this time, but definitely making those big gorgeous sleeves next time! :)

For some reason, I started this dress last fall ('22) and finished everything but the hem of the sleeves and skirt?! Why tho? Lolol - finished it in September / grammed in October / blogging it in November!



Fabric: Robert Kaufman Cotton Lawn in pink / mustard / gray floral

Let's call this a "wearable muslin" version of M7969 :) I like, but don't love this fabric - it's been in my stash for so long! I think it was originally going to be a Deer and Doe Bleuet dress, which I still have yet to make... so many patterns, so little time! The fabric is really lightweight, so it's perfect to wear on hot days. Once it gets colder, I can pair it with tights / boots / a sweater but the fabric is still so cool and crisp - maybe I should try a turtleneck underneath! Off to try that now - ta ta!