This skirt has been on non stop rotation since completion! It is so comfortable but also stylish and goes with a ton of things in my closet :) It has transitioned from warmer weather to the cold with no problem! The fabric is a crinkled rayon challis from Vogue Fabrics remnant section. 



The skirt is made from three rectangular panels: right front (wide), left front (narrow), and back, plus a waistband. It took a bit of trial and error to figure out how to cut out the skirt from the fabric I had available. I was originally going to use all the width but that made the skirt really full - lots of gathers at the waist, etc. I ended up dividing my length of fabric into two even panels (cut it in half on crossgrain). From the first panel, I cut the back and the narrow left front side. From the other panel I cut the wide right front side, and the waistband. The slit is made by sewing the two front panels together to the slit point, then finishing the edges and topstitching them down. The waistband is 2" soft knit elastic, which I topstitched in three lines.



Now that I've made this skirt once, I can't wait to try it again! Now that I know how to piece it all together, it should be a really quick sew! :)