NEW PATTERN REVIEW: Friday Pattern Company Donny Shirt (pdf pattern)

Size: S at bust graded to M at hem  (my measurements: 34"b 29"w)

Adjustments: added 2" length (I'm almost 6' #sewingtall :)

Thoughts: this is a great staple shirt! Love the simple elevated details like the pocket, the back gathers, and the curved hemline. Topstitching the collar / front neckline facing was tricky to get perfectly symmetrical - had to redo one side and go really slow. The fit is spot on - the shoulders hit at the perfect spot. Definitely glad I added length - if I really want to wear it tucked in like the photos I might even add another 2". 



FABRIC: Rifle Paper Co Rayon in Monstera 

I mean, how can you go wrong with plant prints! The cotton and steel rayon fabric is great to work with! It is drapey but hefty enough to handle easily. I may have used too thick/stiff of interfacing for the collar, but hopefully it softens a bit with wear. 

Fun label from Kylie and the Machine x Mel Stringer (label pack)

Just had to take photos with my actual monstera, and these fun monstera earrings - love a theme! lol :)