Thursday, May 30, 2013

MMM Finale - Family, Flowers, and Fun!

Hello friends! This is my last Me May Made post for you, even though there is still one more day of May - I have been doing a pretty good job keeping up with my pledge to wear four me-made garments a week - some weeks even more! However, now that school is out I am spending almost every day in a t-shirt and shorts - most of the time it's my Yellow Chevron Tee, but I didn't think you would want to ten pictures of the same outfit ;)  As much as I've been looking forward to spending more time on sewing, some other important things have come first:

1) FAMILY!!! My sister Ruthie graduated from college :) So it was a trek to the great state of OHIO to celebrate!  We enjoyed board games galore, good food, some outside time in the gorgeous yard playing croquet, and general all-around merriment! How appropriate that Friday's MMM theme was "Hometown" :)


But don't think my journey home was completely sewing - free.  In fact, I came home with some wonderful presents, including a SERGER!!! WOO-HOO! It is my mom's old serger, a Kenmore (just like my sewing machine) and it runs beautifully. It has been named Clarence, after the angel in It's a Wonderful Life (mom's favorite movie) and in keeping with the alphabet theme - Archibald (sewing machine) and Babette (dress form).  I also received some wonderful patterns and books - this is on top of everything my mom brought over on her visit in April! Can you see where I get my love of the craft :)


2) ORGANIZATION!  I have been doing some major re-organizing of the sewing room - I am one of those people who has a hard time working in a unorganized mess... let me rephrase - I have a hard time getting motivated to start a project when everything is a mess - once I get going on a project it's going to be a hot mess everywhere, let's be honest :) In any case, I think it's heading in a good direction - I'll be posting more about this soon!


3) FLOWERS! I love them, and after a ridiculously long winter, I finally got to get out my gloves and miracle gro and get to work. Gardening takes up a lot of time and energy - you have to choose the flowers, plant the flowers, water and weed the flowers (I only have pots right now, which makes things a little easier) but it is totally worth it to see these happy little plants every morning!



Thanks for staying with me here! So you can see why I haven't been sewing as much :)  Now, finally, my last batch of Me Made May pics:

Monday, 5/20 - Black and White Polka Dot Dress

Made with Simplicity 2444
Tuesday, 5/21 - Floral Chiffon Tee

Made with Simplicity 1690
Wednesday, 5/22 - Black and White Check Dress (My First Dress)

Made with Simplicity 2209
Friday, 5/24 - Put a Bow on it! Cation Dolman Top

Cation Designs Dolman Tee - Also pictured above with sisters :)
 Tuesday, 5/29 - Polka Dot Top

Made with Simplicity 3570
In the last picture I am laughing because the hubs kept running in front of the camera right as I was going to take the picture - good thing this is the last one :)  Happy Me Made May everyone - hope you had as much fun as I did! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting MMM. Your photos have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cute! Lots of black and white goodness this week! And congrats on the serger - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ilove the Polka Dot Dress you look so cute nice blog<3<3
    http://fashionlover-diy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your Me Made May! You did amazing and your outfits are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with Me Made May! I've really enjoyed seeing your cute outfits. :) I LOVE the black and white polka dot and black and white check dresses.

    ReplyDelete