Pattern: McCall's 6754
Fabric: Limone Rayon Doubleknit - Gorgeous Fabrics



Hello friends! I have a second make of McCall's 6754, View A for you today. I finished it last Friday to wear to see an awesome show in the city - Fight Girl, Battle World - in which my friend Shelia was the lead! :) Unfortunately I did not get a chance to photograph it until today, but it was worth it - a beautiful sunny day!


My first make of this pattern was in gray ponte, a size Medium, with a longer and less full peplum. It is comfy and versatile but a little too big, especially around the shoulders.  I made a few adjustments the second time around and kept some of the original changes:

- Cut Size Small, but still had to take it in all around, not sure if that was due to extra fabric stretch or if this pattern just runs BIG
- Did not adjust length or fullness of peplum (different from first make)
- Raised front neckline a few inches
- Double line of topstitching around neck and armholes
- No elastic casing


One main issue I have with this pattern is that it is cut for someone with broad shoulders - I am realizing this now after the second make, no matter how much I take it in, it still is big up top, and the shoulder straps tend to fall down.  If I make this pattern again, I will be sure to pinch out at least 2" from the center of the front and back pieces so the straps are closer together and hopefully fit my narrow shoulders without falling off.


I really enjoyed shopping the Gorgeous Fabrics website - every listing is personalized with great descriptions of the fabric as well as ideas for what styles and patterns to use - definitely not your average online shopping experience :) Although the fabric was priced a bit higher than I normally spend, I went ahead and splurged, knowing that I already had the perfect pattern and design for the fabric and it wouldn't immediately become part of the stash (how often does that happen!?)


Looking forward, I have one more peplum top variation that I can't wait to make - inspired by Anthropologie, perfect ponte fabric found at Gorgeous Fabrics...

Antonia Peplum Tank - Anthropologie

Vari-Stripe Ponte Knit - Black/Ivory
Vari-Stripe Ponte Knit - Gorgeous Fabrics

My only question is, do I use the same pattern, or try and find a better fitting peplum pattern for my narrow shoulders. I remember seeing some awesome peplums over on Made By Meg that I should probably check out for pattern ideas! Can you have too many peplum tops??? :)